The City of Washington, Indiana

Small City... Big Possibilities

FAQs - Details


What can I do if I'm not satisfied with the initial investigation by the City?


If you are not satisfied with the written response you may submit an appeal within 21 calendar days of your receipt of the response.


All appeals must be submitted in writing to the Board of Public Works and Safety at the following address:

Washington Board of Public Works and Safety
c/o Mayor's Office
200 Harned Street
Washington, IN 47501

Within 30 calendar days after receipt of an appeal, the ADA Coordinator will meet with the grievant to discuss a resolution. Within 21 calendar days after that meeting, the ADA Coordinator will respond with a final resolution.

If you are not satisfied with the results of the appeal, you may file a complaint with the appropriate agency or department of the State or Federal Government. Contact the U.S. Dept. of Justice for information about how to file a complaint with these agencies.

Using this grievance procedure is not required prior to pursuing any of your other remedies. However, in the interest of a prompt and amicable resolution of your grievance, the City of Washington encourages you to use this procedure in addition to any other available alternatives you may chose.